Thursday 30 June 2011

Captains Quarters

Think the best article I have seen is by Roc Wieler, an entertaining read with some great ideas:

http://rocwieler.com/2011/06/28/incarna-1-01/

If CCP had put out a lot of fun items like Roc has suggested at reasonable prices I think they would have sold like hot cakes. I almost got some plex just for Aurum, but thought I’d wait to see what I could get, glad I did.

Would have loved an Amarr snipers laser rifle, a Caldari rail gun, some politically incorrect posters and an alien skull. Not to be. Imagine if you could get stupid things, like bowler hats, pith helmets, simple monocles, canes and top hats. Imagine a corp specifying that attire for meetings and corp members! Imagine a group in hunting jackets and pith helmets all in a group at the bar, the macho ones in camo headbands and the vixen squad in latex (now EVE is distracting me from EVE LOL). It would be cheap fun, and a lot of it would be enjoyed. I was keen to part with some coin over silly items.

Instead I got the myopic CCP view with an $80 monocle that doesn’t even shoot frikkin’ laser beams. Can’t even strap the laser monocle to a corgy and tie fire crackers to its tail and let it lose in station.

I hope in time we get some junk like Roc details, I’d buy it. How about something useful like dotlan maps on the Tele? Still, you have to start somewhere and I guess this is what we’ve got.

No comments:

Post a Comment