Wednesday 18 May 2011

How to get you to come back to this blog....

Most blogs are peoples ramblings and personal opinions, fair enough. You can get those on the forums, too much so. The gems on peoples blogs are what you can get, or take away, its what people really want. Things like guides, or tricks they can learn. So how to make myself a useful idiot? ship recognition cahrts and some guides....

So here is my start, I am working in MS Visio on a number of one page A4 size templates for ship recognition charts. I source the information from EVEMon (CSV export, tidy it up and then add the data to Visio). Then I save the Visio page as a 600 DPI JPEG. (600 is overkill, 200 is normal, 240 DPI for a book, 300 is 'high quality', so 600 is overkill, but its so the small font appears when printing. If people want it in say 300 DPI let me know). The image is 1.6MB, so not to onerous.

There is too be 4 per race:
  1. Frigate,
  2. Cruiser,
  3. Large ships (BS & BC)
  4. Capital & others (capital and industrial)
There is also one 'extra' which is to be ORE and misc ships (like CCP gifts).
Here's the first, Caldari Frigates:

No comments:

Post a Comment