Monday 9 May 2011

Podded

Yet another blog, why bother?

http://www.cyberjournalist.net/news/003674.php
• On July 31, 2006, Technorati tracked its 50 millionth blog
• The blogosphere is doubling about once every 6 and a half months
• About 175,000 new weblogs are created each day
• There are more than 2 blogs created each second of each day
about 1.6 Million postings per day, or about 18.6 posts per second.

I dont expect many, if any, to really read the first post, only in hindsight.
So why did I start?

Mynxee is KIA
http://lifeinlowsec.blogspot.com/
Jester is KIA
http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/
Fiddlers edge with Mord Fiddle is MIA
http://fiddlersedge.blogspot.com/

These 3 blogs were my main EVE reading. Yes, I read Roc Wieler, Kane Rizzel, Rifter Drifter, Kirith Kodachi, Saleene and more. But these 3 were my main required EVE reading.

And now they are dead.
(Mord Fiddle is admittedly still active but is moving on in life with things such as his writing, and good on him).
So I am going to give it a go, see if I can step in and follow where people better than me have gone.

Why are they dead? bittervet syndrome it seems sadly.
And I'm a bittervet LOL, but I have no plans to quit for some time.
I've had the humps, hit the wall and moved on. I am at 62 million SP now. This is not to say I am successful in the slightest!!! I have at best a 50/50 kill board rating and for all my time and efforts still suck.



Welcome to EVE.
Why I am still here is also why I am going to try a blog.
It is my mistress, as my wife calls it, and I tease her at least she knows where I am and how my mistress is.

I started in 2008 with the predictable Caldari. Its what most people statiscally do. I didnt want to be a salve owner arrogant Amarr, the flakey drone (think buzzy flies) Galentee, or the chip on my shoulder bit mixed up Minmatar. So I went for the industrial ISK machine, the Tuetonic space race. I loved my Caracal and Kestrel which i flew for too long as I wasn't very good. I ground standing without social skills and took a long time to learn.
But learn I have, the school of hard knocks.
So it is from this I hope some of my scrawlings are useful, or insightful, or maybe even helpful.

I spent too much time being solo, but had a great corp where all my friends were. I started a second account so I could fly with them. Now, I have spent over 2 years in Null Sec, a bitter vet(?), but still learning.
I shifted from New Zealand to Singapore and time zones killed my time with my friends. I had to find a new place for me in EVE. In about 2 years I should return and once again play EVE with my friends. However it means I'm in for the long haul.

So here we go, warp drive active, bleep, bleep, bleep.... dammit podded already....

No comments:

Post a Comment